More Than Support
By Bill MacLeod, Director, MissionConnexion
In his bestselling book, The Treasure Principle, Randy Alcorn shares six keys that he and his wife Nanci learned when everything was taken away from them, including his ability to earn a living, due to a public stand he took for righteousness. As a result, over the course of three decades-plus, the Lord has multiplied his life, resources, and giving exponentially. Those keys include…
- God owns everything. I’m just His money manager. (Stewardship)
- My heart goes where I put God’s money. (Value)
- Heaven, not earth, is my home. (Destination)
- I should live not for the dot but for the line. (Purpose)
- Giving is the only antidote to materialism. (Possessions)
- God prospers me not to raise my standard of living but to raise my standard of giving. (Prosperity)
As we deliberate on October’s topic of raising support, my thoughts have gone to Randy’s book, and life example, as well as to the many ways that MissionConnexion provides support for the Church, the believer, the missionary, the sender, the mission organization and the list goes on…
Our upcoming regional conferences: MissionConnexion Southwest (November 3-4) and Northwest (January 19-20, 2024) offer a variety of workshop opportunities that will expand your perception of the “world Christian movement” and how you can participate in Jesus’ last, great commission…
- My Career and My Story (doing “BAM” Business as Mission) – MC Southwest
- Determining what BAM businesses to start – MC Northwest
- How does Christianity stack up against other great world religions? – MC Southwest
- The Bible: Fact, Fiction, or Fable? – MC Northwest
- Reconciling Our Story Created for Glory – MC Southwest
- Translating Jesus for the Spiritual but Nonreligious – MC Northwest
- The MissionConnexion Southwest Story & the Local Church – MC Southwest
- Engaging the Story – Salty Storytelling – MC Northwest
- Dive deep into the lives of unreached refugees right here in the U.S., understanding their experiences, challenges, and hopes. – MC Southwest
- Thriving in hard places. – MC Northwest
- The history of the United States is FULL of revival dating back to the first days of our nation. What can we learn and apply from these? – MC Southwest
- Missionary Care – Listening: A Skill that Averts Conflict and Connects Cultures – MC Northwest
Additionally, you will not want to miss these opportunities that go way beyond basic “support” …
- Webinar today on The God Ask with Steve Shadrack
- Leadership Connexion in both the Southwest and Northwest Pre-Conference events.
- Standards Introductory Workshop in both the Southwest and Northwest Pre-Conference events.
- Midwest Care Connexion – (Minneapolis/St. Paul) – “adapting our care of increasingly diverse global workers.”
- Short Term Mission Connexion in the Northwest.
MissionConnexion and MissionWorks provide more than enough training and support through its regional conferences and focus events in their various live and in-person, as well as online settings. We want you to benefit from them all!